Thursday, August 25, 2011

Breaking Out of My Mold!

Wow! This isn't like me! I am totally stepping out of my reading comfort zone. I normally like light, funny stuff, and some suspense/thriller stuff. My usual rule of thumb is it has to be plausible, contemporary, real life stuff. No fantasy/sci-fi for me, thank you very much!

Well, that was before Hunger Games showed up 1. on sale on Amazon Kindle Store, 2. had great reviews, and 3. I downloaded the sample and got HOOKED!

So far, all I know is that it is about some futuristic town in North America. The Government has gone WAY off it's rocker and has an annual "festival." This festival is quite morbid...a child's name is drawn from each district and they go in a cage or something to fight to the death. CRAZY! I can't even IMAGINE. I know it seems odd that something so dark would draw me in, but it really has me curious about this bizarre society.

Stay tuned for a complete review when I'm finished. I guess if I'm willing to read the other two books in the series after this one, it must be pretty good! We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment