Monday, August 22, 2011

Life's Too Short to Read Bad Books

Amazon offers new books for free all the time. There are lots of blogs about the latest freebies. Ever since I got my Kindle, possibly even sooner since I have the Kindle app on my phone, I gobble up all the freebies that sound remotely interesting to me, or have a cute looking "cover."

I have since come to the conclusion that life's too short to read bad books. I simply don't have time. Now I take a few moments to read the reviews on Amazon before clicking the button to transfer the book to my Kindle.

I also joined GoodReads, an online book club of sorts. It's a social community for bibliophiles. Readers can create lists of books you've read and want to read. You can review books and read others' review of books you are considering.  Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I used to do the same thing, and my Kindle was filling up quickly. I also stop and check the reviews now.

    ReplyDelete